Today we share with you this easy, nutritious and gluten free recipe, made with chickpea flour (garbanzo beans flour).
It is the Ligurian farinata, similar to the Tuscan cecina.
If you get organized, the preparation is also quick. It takes only 20 minutes to cook and only 5 minutes to make, after leaving the batter to rest for at least two hours, depending on the room temperature.
Composed of 20% vegetable proteins, 12% fiber and rich in minerals such as magnesium, calcium and iron, chickpea flour is very nutritious and satiating.
For this recipe, you need:
- 250 g Chickpea flour
- 250 ml water
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Rosemary (facoltativo)
- Put the chickpea flour in a bowl and add water and olive oil.
- Stir well to remove all lumps and add a pinch of salt.
- Let it rest for 2 hours. In winter you need to let it rest longer, up to 6 hours!
- Remove any foam that has formed on the surface of the batter.
- Preheat the oven at 210°C/410°F
- Brush a drip pan with evo oil.
- Pour the batter onto the drip pan. If you want, you can season with finely chopped rosemary.
- Bake at 210°C/410°F for 15 min – 20 min.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve warm.