TORTA PASQUALINA is an Italian spring classic. It is a must at the Easter Monday picnic, which we call “Pasquetta”.
It is simple to make, with a few basic ingredients and above all good fresh spinach or chard in season.
- 400g of flour
- 300g ricotta cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- A little butter for the cake tin
This is how I make it
- First, prepare the dough. Knead about 200ml of warm water with the flour, oil and a little salt. Let it rest
- Prepare 6 hard-boiled eggs and let them cool
- Meanwhile, wash the vegetables and cook them in a little water.
- When the vegetables are cooked, drain them and pan-fry them with oil and garlic.
- Add the ricotta, parmesan, a little salt and pepper and cook until the liquid evaporates
- Roll out the dough into 8 thin discs
- Grease and flour the cake tin
- Put the mixture in and make 6 dimples for the eggs, where you put also some parmesan cheese
- Put the shelled eggs in the dimples and cover with the 4 sheets of pastry.
- Prick the sheets with the prongs of a fork and bake in the oven at 180°C for one hour