Summer is not summer without tomatoes!
Today we celebrate the coming of summer with tomatoes stuffed with rice, a simple, tasty & healthy dish from Italian and Mediterranean cuisine.
- 6 ripe tomatoes for stuffing
- 250 g of arborio rice
- 1 bell pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to make it
- Wash the tomatoes, remove the cap and empty them, storing the inside in a bowl.
- Mix the inside of the tomatoes with the basil and garlic.
- In a nonstick pan, put some oil and toast the rice.
- Add tomato pulp and water, if needed. Add the bell bell pepper for flavor. Cook according to the time indicated on the rice package (usually 15-16 minutes). Add salt and a little of olive oil.
- Fill the tomatoes with the cooked rice.
- Oil an oven dish and place the stuffed tomatoes in it.
- Bake at 180°C for one hour.
Enjoy your meal!