You may have guessed it, here at Day by Day Plants we are crazy about eggplant!
So today we are sharing another eggplant recipe, eggplant stuffed with caponata.
This dish is served as a summer appetizer or as a side dish that you can prepare in advance if you want and reheat when serving.
- Eggplant: 3-4
- Belly pepper: 3 (Catania version)
- Celery: some sprigs of celery
- Tomato pulp and tomato coulis
- Black olives
- Green olives (Catania version)
- White vinegar
- Pine nuts or almonds
How to make it
- Cut lengthwise, make incisions in the pulp and drizzle with olive oil.
- Put them in the oven at 180 ° C for 25-30 minutes.
- Let them cool down and remove the pulp, to be used to make the caponata.
- For the caponata recipe you can follow our recipe.
- Stuff the eggplant with caponata.
- Put a drizzle of oil on the eggplants and bake them in the oven for another 25-30 minutes.
How do you make stuffed eggplants? We are curious, let us know in our Instagram channel 🙂