An excellent way to reuse ratatouille leftovers is making this delicious tarte à la ratatouille.
Inspired by French quiche, this Vegan Ratatouille Pie is even tastier than the classic quiche because it enhances the taste of vegetables.
It’s quick to make, considering that you have your vegetables already simmered.
You can also use ready-made pastry. The classic quiche is made of puff pastry – pâte feuillétée – which contains a lot of butter. This vegan shortcrust pastry only contains extra virgin olive oil.
How to make vegan shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée)
For this vegan pastry you need:
- 200g organic semi-wholemeal flour
- 2-3 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- 100 mL of water
Let the pastry rest in a cool place for at least 30min .
How to do Vegan Ratatouille Pie
- Brush an oven dish with olive oil and flour it
- Roll out the pastry, put it in the oven dish, then make holes in the pie with a fork
- Pour the ratatouille or other simmered vegetables on top
- Add herbs like thyme and bay leaf (leave it covered by the vegetables otherwise it will burn during cooking)
- Add a little olive oil on top
- Bake for 30min at 180°C/350°F
In the same way, you can make a tarte from your favorite vegetables.
How do you upcycle you vegetable leftovers? Let me know on Day by dy Plants Instagram page 🙂