Baked Rice Stuffed Tomatoes is one of my favorite dishes.
For me, Summer is not summer without tomatoes! In a salad, appetizer, topping a pizza, baked; they always bring joy to the table 🙂
Especially stuffed with rice.
I remember when I was a child. My family and I went to my Grandma’s house to spend a few days with my aunt, uncle, and cousins. One evening my aunt prepared the most incredibly tasty stuffed tomato I have ever eaten. They are in my memory forever, together with the lovely week we spent together laughing and eating delicious food.
I was recently at my aunt and uncle’s for lunch, and guess what! Auntie prepared some delicious rice-stuffed tomatoes, especially for me!
So, here’s the recipe. I make this dish every summer, as soon as tomatoes are in season. Here it is. I hope you will enjoy it. If you have a different recipe and want to share it with us, please go to DBDP’s Instagram page or share it on Instagram with the hashtag #daybydayplants. I can’t wait to see more tomato recipes!
- 6 ripe tomatoes for stuffing
- 250 g of arborio rice
- 1 bell pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to make it
- Wash the tomatoes, remove the cap and empty them, storing the inside in a bowl.
- Mix the inside of the tomatoes with the basil and garlic.
- In a nonstick pan, put some oil and toast the rice.
- Add tomato pulp and water, if needed. Add the bell bell pepper for flavor. Cook according to the time indicated on the rice package (usually 15-16 minutes). Add salt and a little of olive oil.
- Fill the tomatoes with the cooked rice.
- Oil an oven dish and place the stuffed tomatoes in it.
- Bake at 180°C for one hour.
I’m sure there won’t be any left!