Eggplants Stuffed with Caponata, one of Sicily’s most famous dishes. It’s a way of upcycling caponata leftovers in a delicious way.
This dish is served as a summer appetizer or a side dish that you can prepare in advance if you want and reheat when serving. Or even eat it cool. It’s perfect when you organize a dinner party with your friends 😉
Here is a list of what you need to make it. You can use the caponata leftovers or make a new one. In this case, keep the pulp of the eggplants you want to stuff and use it for caponata.
How to make Eggplants Stuffed with Caponata
What you need:
- Eggplant: 3-4
- Bell pepper: 3 (Catania version)
- Celery: some sprigs of celery
- Tomato pulp and tomato coulis
- Black olives
- Green olives (Catania version)
- White vinegar
- Pine nuts or almonds
How to make it:
- Make caponata
- Wash and dry 3-4 eggplants
- Cut them lengthwise, make incisions in the pulp, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Put them in the oven at 180 °/3561)F C for 25-30 minutes
- Let them cool down and remove the pulp; you can use it to make caponata
- Stuff the eggplant with caponata
- Put a drizzle of oil on the eggplants and bake them in the oven for another 25-30 minutes
How do you make stuffed eggplants? I’m curious; let me know in DBDP’s Instagram page 🙂